I am primarily an iOS developer, with some experience in Java. I love creating satisfying and intuitive user experiences, and I have experience in all aspects of development. I love new challenges and always figure out how to make things work. I have worked both independently and as part of a team, and always aim for an agile approach to software development.
SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER/TECH LEAD/INSTRUCTOR, WWT ASYNCHRONY LABS; ST. LOUIS, MO — MAY 2014- PRESENT
Asynchrony Labs is a consulting firm specializing in software and agile practices. While here I have worked on a number of products and technologies. My duties vary from day-to-day development , writing/prioritizing user stories, to holding demos for our customers. While here I have learned a great deal about agile practices, while using TDD and pair programming to deliver quality software to customers in multiple industries.
As tech lead of my current project, my responsibilities also include helping prioritize features, working with backend teams to design the service APIs we use, and in the end make decisions and help my team make decisions to ensure we use best practices to deliver a testable, user friendly, and well functioning application.
- Krypdox; An ultra high security file sharing app that lets iPad users view and annotatePDFs, and stream media audio/video.
- Internal tech demo exploring the usefulness of iBeacons for location awareness and way finding.
- A training application, centered around generating custom XML content in a Java app (that we also built and maintain) and then downloading, parsing, and rendering entire multimedia-rich books on the iPad using CoreText/CoreGraphics. Also involved syncing things like progress, questions/answers, and notes /highlights to and from web services.
- Creating a curriculum and then teaching an iOS/Swift class aimed at developers.
CONFERENCES — 2014-2015
OWNER/OPERATOR/DEVELOPER, GOATELLA; MARKESAN, WI — 2011-PRESENT
I began my development experience by starting my own company with my wife in our home in Wisconsin. We saw a need for more applications in the special needs education realm, and started Goatella to help fulfill that need. My responsibilities included all programming, as well as some testing and help with design ideation.
- All of the applications listed on www.goatella.com
- Splitter: For Live Photos, an iPhone app that allows users to save Live Photos as videos/ GIFS or split them into individual frames for saving
I have the most experience with Objective-C/C, but have used Swift as much as possible. In addition, I have some experience in Java and Android, and have dabbled in Python.
I use Git and SourceTree for source/version control, and have experience with using Jenkins for CI. I primarily use Xcode for development. I have fairly extensive knowledge of CocoaPods, but have also used Carthage. For Kanban and task management, I have used Mingle, Trello, and Kanbanize, as well as physical Kanban boards.
FRAMEWORKS AND LIBRARIES
I have worked on a large number of iOS applications, and as such have experience in a large number of iOS frameworks, as well as third party libraries. Some of them include:
- CoreText / Text Kit
- Core Data
- Photos / PhotosUI
- OCMock / Stubble